Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Our New Deck

As some of you know, Korey has been working on our deck for sometime now. He has been held back in large part by work. It's too crazy in the summer to do much around the house. In the past couple of days he has had a rare moment to work on the deck...and the progress is amazing. Olivia had a fun time helping Dad out. His little assistant got the nails whenever he needed them. She really is a big helper.
The boys have enjoyed jumping off the deck onto the trampoline. If you think that sounds like trouble brewing...you would be right. This afternoon all the friends were over playing in the backyard. Kaden brought a little girl from the ward over to play and she decided, with some coaxing, to jump off the deck onto the tramp. Well, she bounced right off the tramp and onto the ground. Face first. She came in with a bloody nose and grass stains on her forehead. If that wasn't enough, she also broke her arm! Both bones!!! Korey immediately got to work putting up the railing. I don't think that would have stopped them though. Boys always find ways to make things more interesting. This poor little girl was in the wrong place and the wrong time. The Killpack's house! I'm afraid she won't be coming over for a while.

4 comments:

KaRLie said...

Poor little girl! Pretty sure she wont be back to soon. That happened when I was little but we were jumping of our roof. Never a good idea!!

shantel said...

Hey Korey, your dad sent my mom your blog address and she then sent it to Shad, Brandon, and I. You have a beautiful family I can't believe how big your boys are and how adorable your little girls are. Your doing a wonderful job with your blog Emily,I love the world of blogging its amazing to be able to see family I haven't seen in YEARS!

Wilson Family said...

OLIVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its your uncle Mark. Hope you are having fun

Tomfam7 said...

Glad you found me, browse away and maybe I will get my act together and post more often. Your blog is adorable. Awesome family photo. Wow momma of 7, did you ever think you would be uttering those words?!