Tuesday, November 25, 2008
A Mother Is Always A Mother
Today was Olivia's birthday party, and I will display all the fun of the party another day, but I saw motherhood in action today. We had the birthday party at "Kangaroo Zoo." This is just a big room with bounce houses, two-story slides, all things that slide and bounce in giant proportion. Some mothers stayed and some mothers dropped their children off to run errands. As the party-goers ran liks maniacs all over the place, mothers play with all the children. One mother carried children on her back up the two story slide, slid down with them, and then carried them back up. And mostly not her own children. I was humbled and the way all the mothers talked so sweetly to each child. Each mother took a moment to come up to my child and give her a hug and wish "Happy Birthday." What a blessing it was to interact with those mothers today. I thank each one of them for their good example to me. I thank all mothers, we wouldn't be where we are without you! Thanks Mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And you Emily are one of the best that I know. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment