Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday email from Korey

Korey writes: I'm so happy to be here, the people of Haiti are great. Through all that has happened they still smile. They are so happy and grateful to see us. I know why Scott fell in love with this country now. The people are truly amazing.They're so hopeful. There are a lot of hungry kids and young adults here. I share my food even though we are not suppose to. They call me big stomach in creol. They all laugh and hug me. It will be hard to leave them.
If he keeps giving away his food they won't be able to call him "big stomach" for long! LOL! We are so blessed to have a dad like this in our life. Thanks for being such a wonderful example to us. Olivia prays every night for her dad and asks Heavenly Father to help Korey and Scott find the mom's and dad's who have little children who are looking for them. We are having our own spiritual experiences here at home. It's hard to be away from Korey, but we are blessed with good friends and family who take care of us. And we are especially blessed with a Heavenly Father who knows us, loves us and is watching over all of us.

3 comments:

shantel said...

Thanks for sharing, what a touching post.

Amanda said...

I loved hearing him speak at Church, so touching. I just found your blog through facebook and I hope it is ok if I follow. I would love to stay updated on your beautiful Hannah and the rest of the family, especially since we will very likely be moving this summer.

My Voice Marshfield said...

Oh boy, you probably had your babies by now--Congrats! Hope all is well!
Lisa L.L.